What Tod is Passionate About
20/20 Vision: The Future of Business in 2020
In this fast-paced glimpse at what the business landscape will look like in 2020, Tod Maffin will break down the top consumer and corporate mega-trends and reveals how they’ll affect all organizations. Areas explored:
– How will smartphone culture change how people make purchases?
– How will NeuroMarketing affect the way you communicate with prospects and leads?
– Why will you need to begin hiring loyalty concierges?
– How will augmented reality tools like Google Glass change your business?
– Where will you find relief from the coming erosion of loyalty?
– What creative employee benefits will you need in place to retain key people within your associations?
– How will new market research models like micro-expressions and CRR radically change the way you do business?
– Will leading advances in brain science change your hiring procedures?
– How will you combat “loyalty-sniping”?
It’s a fast-paced look at what the future holds for us all, solidly anchored in real-world priorities.
TOUCH: Five Factors to Growing and Leading a Human Organization
In a world filled with complicated web forms and digital marketing services, have we lost the “human” element in how we run our organizations?
Tod Maffin is the co-author of “TOUCH: Five Factors to Growing and Leading a Human Organization”.
In this information-packed keynote presentation, Tod will walk your audiences through the seven primary areas your organization needs to focus on to bring the humanity back into how you do business. The Five Factors are:
– Leadership: Defining your organization’s human values, the business language of humanity, becoming a “Chief Humanizing Officer”
– Customer Service: Combating the death of loyalty, fostering a new ethic in your call centres, the role of the “brandividual,” etc.
– Human Resources: The new world of benefits, turning goals into games, launching a results-first program, social recruiting tools, the power of workplace senses
– Web/Social: Understanding the new human digital metrics, creating a people-based online experience, web workflow done the right way
– Sales and Marketing: Identifying influencers and leading brand advocates, exploiting our personal datapools, next-gen human marketing
– Crisis Communications: Responding to those with “digital personality disorder,” the SWARM system, managing your brand reptuation the human way
– R&D: Crowd-sourcing your research, developing products with personality, and more.
It’s time to drop the former focus on “Product, Place, Promotion, and Price” — and instill a new 4P ethos in your organization: People, Promise, Pride, and Pace.
Taking Crazy Back: Mental Health in the Workplace
With depression rates soaring in the workplace, do we need a radical new way of providing mental health services to our employees? Tod Maffin thinks so.
Once the founder and CEO of a multi-million dollar technology firm, Tod’s workload and always-on personality finally caught up with him and over the following years, he was crippled by a devastating depression and addiction — all the while struggling to appear to be productive to employers and colleagues, and happy and healthy to his friends and family.
In this provocative keynote speech, Tod will reveal to your delegates how this always-connected landscape has seduced all of us into endless multitasking and infinite email — all the while pretending that this increasing workload is the best thing for “productivity.”
In fact, this hyper-connected economy may be both destroying the productivity of workplaces and eroding the mental health of companies’ most valuable asset — their people.
Tod will outline his own bold strategy for bringing mental health discussion out of the shadows in a way that will challenge your attendees for years to come.
Tod’s story is emotional — at once funny and poignant, sad and hopeful. Nearly all audiences give him a standing ovation for his work on the podium. He has spoken for the Canadian Mental Health Association, universities, companies, and many more.
SWARM: Crisis Communications in the Social Space
Now that you’ve got your company’s social media platforms in place and staff trained, how prepared are you for when you’re attacked on those same platforms, either by angry customers, Internet “trolls,” or ill-informed pressure groups? In a session that can work as a full keynote or intimate session for senior leaders, attendees will learn:
After attending this session, your attendees will know HOW TO:
– Monitor for negative brand feedback
– Get instantly alerted to potential problems
– Respond to attacks in social media
– Convert “enemy combatants” to advocates
In a session that can work as a full keynote or intimate session for senior leaders, attendees will learn:
– Highly effective PEDB (Praise/Escalate/Delete/Ban) flow-strategy for managing your social media presence
– How to create a Negative Response Strategy for your firm
– The most effective, compliance-safe social media policies for employees
– How one of the most talked-about social media campaigns ended up nearly destroying its brand
– Tod’s model of a “web swarm,” and his five-step methodology for responding to a swarm
– How your legal and marketing teams should deal when your brand falls victim to “Twitterjacking“
– Case studies where organizations in your industry have faced attacks online, how they dealt with them, and the results
– Why your organization’s next hire needs to be a Chief Humanizing Officer and what that role would entail
– How to monitor the state of your brand’s reputation daily, with almost no technical expertise
Each attendee will also walk away with a detailed information kit containing regulatory-safe social media policy examples, a sample Negative Response Strategy, a flow diagram of Tod’s PEDB (Praise/Escalate/Delete/Ban) strategy for immediate implementation in your firm, a copy of Tod’s slides, and more.
What you learn at this session may save your brand millions. Or its life.
Smart Communities, Engaged Citizens
They’re already there. Your citizens and businesses are engaging with each other, talking about your community, and doing business with each other. And your community’s voice is, well, is an aging web site.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Using the same web sites that your civic stakeholders are already using, you could be helping lead the dialogue, getting important information to people, collecting opinion on issues from zoning to schools to property tax. And all with safe, secure, and standards-compliant tools.
Tod Maffin will show your attendees how successful cities and communities your size are already using mobile and social media to be more effective in their communications, cutting costs, and — most importantly — developing an engaged, active citizen base.
He’ll break down three successful campaigns for re-election and walk your group how the elected representative used specific digital tactics. The keynote is fast-paced, information-packed, and fun!
Deconstructing Viral: How to Build a Killer Viral Marketing Campaign
Can blind luck be reproduced? Absolutely, says engageQ digital‘s Tod Maffin.
Today’s viral campaigns may seem like jackpots in a one-in-a-million lottery, but it turns out they are well within the reach of any marketing team’s grasp. All it takes is knowing the secret ingredients behind some of the world’s most talked-about campaigns.
By reverse-engineering each element of a successful viral campaign in your industry, Tod Maffin will show your audience the key markers that can launch a campaign into the viral stratosphere — markers that can be programmed into the smallest budgets.
He will literally “deconstruct” a viral campaign, piece by piece, then show your group how to re-assemble a campaign for their own organization. And, using his methodology, he’ll detail for your attendees each of the six action steps required for launching an impactful and measurable viral campaign. You will never look at a viral campaign again the same.
After attending this session, your attendees will know how to:
– Develop a marketing campaign that is much more likely to “go viral”
– Convert a brand takeover attempt to a viral mini-campaign
– Create your own ACC-Matching grid to microtarget exactly the right viral influencers
– Craft the right Stunning, Serious, or Silly tone which will resonate with your targets
– Reward and incentivize people who help spread your campaign
– Deliver continued successive rounds to dramatically boost virality
Recruiting and Leading the Social Generation