International touring, national awards (JUNOS, East Coast Music Awards, Big Country Awards, Canadian INDIE awards), and bestselling albums, are some of the highlights of the musical career of Canadian Singer/Songwriter, John Gracie.
A fortune teller once told his mother that music would bring him all he wanted in life and so it did. Over John Gracie’s career, he has performed from Tokyo to Manhattan, Iceland to Orlando. He has had top 40 singles, and has been featured on international television and radio.
His smooth baritone vocals and engaging personality make him an audience favourite. His catalogue of 13 albums and live repertoire include a diverse range of music including smooth jazz, country, adult contemporary, popular standards and original compositions. He is also known internationally for his presentation of Christmas classics and offers audiences a Christmas concert they will long remember.
John has a variety of live shows to offer:
– His Christmas Show, (a corporate favourite) Christmas As I Remember It is an intimate, up close Christmas Concert based on his Christmas CD, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (this CD sold over 50,000 units certified gold in Canada) and his national TV Special Christmas As I Remember It (now available on DVD for your viewing pleasure). Guests love to singalong with Christmas Singalong Booklets and is the trick to get everyone in the Holiday Spirit.
– The Great Canadian Singalong: John and a stageful of talented musicians have the audience join them in a singalong of North America ’s greatest folk songs, songbooks are available.
– John Gracie’s Maritime Celebration: A Musical Celebration of Maritime/Celtic favourites. Take a musical journey through Atlantic Canada with John and his band.
– John Gracie- the Songwriter, a solo performance of John’s original music and some of his favourites and the stories behind them.
– John Gracie Sings Crooner Classics- John Gracie’s new production exposes the award-winning singer at his finest. His smooth baritone vocals are at home with the best selections of the American Crooner Songbook. Joined by the finest jazz musicians in the business, Gracie performs great versions of songs like: I Got You Under My Skin, All of Me, L.O.V.E., I Left My Heart in San Francisco and many more. “I just had to tell you how great John Gracie’s Crooner show was, I could have stayed for hours listening to him- it was absolutely marvellous!”- attendee HIAA Appreciation Dinner
Acheivements & Events
– International touring artist, across North America, Europe and Japan
– John Gracie Catalogue- 13 CDs and 1 DVD- received gold record for over 50,000 in sales
– Successful touring Christmas Show since 1995 across North America
– 2010 – touring, pre-production of new CD, national release of hit duet with daughter, Samantha
– 2009 Release of Best of Album,Recollections-Songs of a Maritime Troubadour
– New Concert by the Sea showcased in Florida
– 2007 Festival touring and announcement of starring role in Stan Rogers Matter of the Heart theatre production by Eastern Front Theatre
– 2006 Christmas touring including performance at Bryant Park, Manhattan, NYC
– 2006 release of Christmas Album-Simply Christmas- Volume 2- Nevada Ent/Koch Records
– 2006 ECMA (Music Awards) Nominee for Album of the Year
– Producer, Birch Mountain Band -new CD
– 2005 nominee Artist of the Year, Nova Scotia Music Awards
– Guest star of Kanata, national TV show featuring music of Canada
– 2004 Release of new CD, Acoustic JEEP, album of social conscience, inks distribution deal with Maplenationwide/Universal
– 2003 signing with US based label, Atlas Music
– 2003 release of DVD, John Gracie-Christmas as I Remember It
– Featured Performer with Symphony Nova Scotia
– 2003 Christmas CD sells 50,000 units
– Nationally televised Christmas TV special
– 2002 NEMO Music Conference, Boston, MA (one of two Canadians chosen to appear in Around the World in 80 Minutes- an International Song Circle
– 2002 East Coast Music Awards nominee
– 2001 Juno Nominee –*Canadian version of the Grammy’s
– 2001 Nominee for The INDIES Canadian Independent Music Awards-Album of the Year
– 2001 Best of Texas International Awards-Songwriter of the Year
– Three-time ECMA Male Artist of the Year – only artist to receive this honour two years consecutively- Male Artist of the Year for 2000, 1990 and 1989
– Canadian RPM Award Nominee 2000 for Outstanding New Male Vocalist of the Year.
– Nominated for Male Artist of the Year and Songwriter of the Year- Nova Scotia Music Awards 2000
– Received a gold record for his original composition Seabird’s Cry
– Received international acclaim for his tribute to songwriter Gene MacLellan. Distributed by EMI Music, John Gracie-A Gene MacLellan Tribute was listed as a Canadian best seller.
– Performed two songs for Sesame Street
– John Gracie’s song Pass It On was chosen as a theme song for food banks across Canada. This song was also included on the CD, Tears of a Thousand Years, featuring Canadian Artists, which was produced to raise money for the victims and families of September 11th tragedy.